Energy to Care: The Science of how to Balance Self Care with Giving
How do you care for yourself as you help a loved one through a difficult illness, or a client through a health crisis?
Learn how to navigate the challenges and key ways to support your health and wellness while you give care.
Not sure if this applies to you?
For caregivers and health care providers alike, the talk on May 5th will be aimed at understanding how current tools for wellness support us when faced with some of the challenges that caregiving presents.
We'll review recent wellness science and discuss how you can use this in your day to day life for more energy and joy.
- MINDFULNESS: how to use this effectively, customized to your needs
- CAREGIVER: DEFINITION: what is a caregiver, and how does this role affect us?
- SCIENCE OF STRESS: learn recent developments in evidence-based fact
- SCIENCE OF WELLNESS: understand the science behind current wellness trends
- WHAT YOU CAN DO: take this information and transform it into something you can do on a regular basis; the take home practical aspect of the knowledge
The talk will be 40 minutes, with 10 minutes for questions afterwards.
As part of a Caregiver Expo, the talk will take as one of many presentations on how to navigate caring for a loved one. The location of the Expo is on the North Shore of Vancouver: please contact the North Shore Community Resources Centre for more information: 604-982-3320
Note: This talk is for wellness and prevention, and not to be taken as medical advice; please talk to your medical professional for any medical or psychiatric inquiries.